Jump to navigation Jump to search
The VARPTR function returns an INTEGER value that is the offset part of the variable or array memory address within it's segment.
- Syntax: offset% = VARPTR(variable_name[(reference_index%)])
- If variablename is not defined before VARPTR or VARSEG is called, the variable is created and it's address is returned.
- Reference index is used to set the offset address of an array index, not necessarily the lowest index.
- When a string variable, VARPTR returns the offset address location of the first byte of the string.
- Because many Qbasic statements change the locations of variables in memory, use the values returned by VARPTR and VARSEG immediately after the functions are used!