The _MOUSEMOVEMENTY function returns the relative vertical position of the mouse cursor as positive or negative values.
- verticalMove = _MOUSEMOVEMENTY
- Returns the relative vertical cursor pixel position compared to the previous cursor position. Negative values are up moves.
- Can also be used to check for any mouse movements to enable a program or close Screen Saver Programs.
- On Windows only, _MOUSEMOVEMENTY will continue to track the mouse when it is outside the program window.
Example: MOD is used to keep vertical movement of circle and cursor inside of the SCREEN 13 window(200).
SCREEN 13, , 1, 0 DO: _LIMIT 200 DO WHILE _MOUSEINPUT x = x + _MOUSEMOVEMENTX y = y + _MOUSEMOVEMENTY LOOP x = (x + 320) MOD 320 'keeps object on screen y = (y + 200) MOD 200 'remove if off screen moves are desired CLS CIRCLE (x, y), 20 PCOPY 1, 0 LOOP UNTIL INKEY$ <> "" 'press any key to exit
- NOTE: When using the function this way, give the user a keypress exit option. Make sure the user has some way to exit that is not dependent on clicking the X button.
- _MOUSEINPUT, _MOUSEX
- _DEVICES, _DEVICEINPUT
- _WHEEL, _LASTWHEEL
- _AXIS, _LASTAXIS
- _MOUSESHOW, _MOUSEHIDE
- Screen Saver Programs