Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:44, 11 June 2010 by (warning)
The _NEWIMAGE Function prepares a window image surface and returns the handle value.
- Width& >= 0, Height& >= 1 measured in pixels.
- BPPmode& is either a QB type screenmode(0 to 2 or 7 to 13) or 256 colors or 32 bit compatible.
- If BPPmode is omitted, an image will be created in the same BPP mode as the current destination image.
- Valid LONG handle returns are less than -1. Invalid handles equal -1.
- You can create any sized window(limited by OS) using this function.
- It is IMPORTANT to free previous images with _FREEIMAGE when replacing with a new image to prevent memory errors!
1) Shrinking a SCREEN 0 text window's size:
2) Creating a 800 by 600 window version of SCREEN 12 with 256 colors: