Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:25, 25 March 2012 by
Qbasic Metacommands are program wide commands that start with $. QB requires them to be commented out.
QB == Syntax ==
- REM $INCLUDE: 'QB.BI' 'loads a reference file or library
- REM $DYNAMIC 'enables resizing of array dimensions with REDIM
- REM $STATIC 'arrays cannot be resized once dimensioned
QB64 == Syntax ==
- $CHECKING:OFF 'disables QB64 C++ event checking (do not comment or use a space before OFF)
- $CONSOLE 'creates a QB64 console window throughout the program
- Qbasic Metacommands are normally used at the program start and are in effect throughout the program.
- $CHECKING: OFF should only be used with errorless code where every CPU cycle counts! Use ON to re-enable event checking. Event checking can be turned OFF or ON throughout a program. Commands have no spaces and are NOT commented out!
- $INCLUDE can be used at the beginning or at the end of program SUB procedures. Reference elsewhere create an error!
- $STATIC makes all arrays STATIC or unchangeable in size. Use DIM only!
- $DYNAMIC allows larger arrays that are changeable in size. Use REDIM for changeable sizes! _PRESERVE preserves contents.
- Metacommands should have their own program line when commented. Commenting Metacommands is NOT required in QB64!