The _LOADIMAGE function loads an image into memory and returns an image handle for a graphic file image.
- handle& = _LOADIMAGE& (filename$[, mode&])
- File types supported: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, PNM, XPM, XCF, PCX, TIF, LBM, and TGA. A path can also be given.
- The Mode& can designate 256(8 bit) or 32 bit color. Omit to use the current screen settings.
- Some images may not load when a mode value is designated. Try loading it without a mode designation.
- Loaded images can be read invisibly using POINT. Image coordinates start at 0 up to the _WIDTH - 1 and _HEIGHT - 1.
- Images can be made into a program SCREEN or page adopting the size and palette settings or placed using _PUTIMAGE.
- When you are in SCREEN 0 a mode& must be designated. When loading an _ICON use 32 for the mode.
- Returns -1 as an invalid handle if it could not load the image. Valid LONG handle returns are less than -1.
- Valid images only need to be loaded ONCE! The handle can be used repeatedly until freed.
- It is IMPORTANT to free unused or discarded images with _FREEIMAGE to prevent CPU memory overflow errors!
Example 1: Already in SCREEN 13 and want computer to match the 32-bit jpg/etc. colors to the current palette:
Example 2: Already in SCREEN 13 but want to load an 8-bit image and adopt its palette as the current palette:
Example 3: Want to display an image in 32-bit color using its resolution as a program screen:
Example 4: Rotating an image 360 degrees using DRAW and Turn Angle.
SCREEN _NEWIMAGE(800, 600, 32) img& = _LOADIMAGE("QB64bee.PNG") wide% = _WIDTH(img&): deep% = _HEIGHT(img&) TLC$ = "BL" + STR$(wide% \ 2) + "BU" + STR$(deep% \ 2) RET$ = "BD BL" + STR$(wide%) _SOURCE img& _DEST 0 DO FOR angle% = 0 TO 360 STEP 15 CLS DRAW "BM400, 300" + "TA=" + VARPTR$(angle%) + TLC$ FOR y = 0 TO deep% - 1 FOR x = 0 TO wide% - 1 DRAW "C" + STR$(POINT(x, y)) + " R1" NEXT DRAW RET$ NEXT _DISPLAY NEXT LOOP UNTIL INKEY$ > ""
- NOTE: The QB64.PNG file picturing the QB64 bee can saved from the top of the QB64 forum.
- SAVEIMAGE (QB64 Image to Bitmap SUB by Galleon)
- Program ScreenShots (Member program for legacy screen modes)
- ThirtyTwoBit SUB (QB64 Image area to bitmap)
- _FREEIMAGE, _PUTIMAGE, _NEWIMAGE, _COPYIMAGE, _PRINTIMAGE (printer)
- _PALETTECOLOR (function), _COPYPALETTE, _ICON
- SCREEN (statement)
- Bitmaps, Icons and Cursors, GIF Images, JPG Images