Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:01, 9 August 2013 by
The _FILEEXISTS function determines if a designated file name exists and returns True or False.
- IF _FILEEXISTS(filename$) THEN
- The filename parameter can be a literal or variable string value that can include a path.
- The function returns -1 when a file exists and 0 when it does not.
- The function reads the system information directly without using a SHELL procedure.
- The function can use the appropriate Operating System path separators. _OS$ can determine the operating system.
- This function does not guarantee that a file can be accessed or opened, just that it exists