Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 03:35, 11 October 2010 by
The BEEP statement produces a beeping sound through the PC speaker if it has one.
- BEEP can be placed anywhere to alert the user that there is something to do or an error has occurred.
- ASCII control character 7 can also create a BEEP sound when you PRINT it (See CHR$).
- In Windows it may produce a "thunk" warning sound when a Qbasic program is running in a SCREEN 0 window.
- Newer PC's may not have an internal speaker to hear ANY Qbasic sounds!
- QB64 produces the actual "beep" sound through the PC's stereo speakers.