From QB64.org wiki
The NAME statement changes the name of a file or directory to a new name.
- NAME oldFileOrFolderName$ AS newFileOrFolderName$
- oldFileOrFolderName$ and newFileOrFolderName$ are variables or literal STRINGs in quotes. Paths can be included.
- If the two paths are different, the statement moves the original file to the new path and renames it.
- If the path is the same or a path is not included, the original file is just renamed.
- SHELL can use "REN " + filename$ + " " + newname$ for the same purpose (Windows).
- Path or filename errors are possible and should be handled in the program.
- Caution: There is no prompt to continue or execution verification.
NAME "BIGBAD.TXT" AS "BADWOLF.TXT"