Keywords currently not supported by QB64
The keywords listed here are not supported in QB64. QB64 is meant to be compatible with QB 4.5 or lower versions. PDS (7.1) is not supported. Older code that uses these keywords won't generate errors, as these are ignored by the compiler.
- ALIAS (supported in DECLARE LIBRARY only)
- BYVAL (supported in DECLARE LIBRARY only)
- DATE$ (statement) (reading the current DATE$ is supported)
- DECLARE (non-BASIC statement)
- DEF FN, EXIT DEF, END DEF
- ENVIRON (statement only)
- ERDEV, ERDEV$
- IOCTL, IOCTL$
- OPEN with devices like LPT, CON, KBRD, and other devices is not supported. LPRINT and OPEN COM are supported.
- ON PEN, PEN ON/OFF/STOP, PEN (function)
- ON PLAY(n), PLAY(n) ON/OFF/STOP. (PLAY music is supported. See notes below.)
- ON UEVENT
- TIME$ (statement) (reading the current TIME$ is supported)
- TRON, TROFF
- WIDTH LPRINT combined statement is not supported.
Keywords Not Supported in Linux or MAC OSX versions
The commands listed here contain platform-specific calls and may be implemented in the future in Linux and macOS. These commands currently result in stub calls which do nothing.
NOTE: The IDE does not support the opening or retrieval of more than one program at a time, but multiple instances of the IDE can be used simultaneously.
Some OS Specific window/desktop calls:
- _ACCEPTFILEDROP, _TOTALDROPPEDFILES, _DROPPEDFILE, _FINISHDROP
- _CLIPBOARDIMAGE, _CLIPBOARDIMAGE (function)
Modular: QB64 has no limit on file size so BAS file modules can be combined.
- _MOUSEWHEEL (available in Linux, not available in macOS)