_glColorMask, glColorMaski: enable and disable writing of frame buffer color components
- SUB _glColorMask (BYVAL red AS _UNSIGNED _BYTE, BYVAL green AS _UNSIGNED _BYTE, BYVAL blue AS _UNSIGNED _BYTE, BYVAL alpha AS _UNSIGNED _BYTE)
- void _glColorMask(GLboolean red, GLboolean green, GLboolean blue, GLboolean alpha);
- void _glColorMaski(GLuint buf, GLboolean red, GLboolean green, GLboolean blue, GLboolean alpha);
- For _glColorMaski, specifies the index of the draw buffer whose color mask to set.
- red, green, blue, alpha
- Specify whether red, green, blue, and alpha are to be written into the frame buffer. The initial values are all _GL_TRUE, indicating that the color components are written.
_glColorMask and _glColorMaski specify whether the individual color components in the frame buffer can or cannot be written. _glColorMaski sets the mask for a specific draw buffer, whereas _glColorMask sets the mask for all draw buffers. If red is _GL_FALSE, for example, no change is made to the red component of any pixel in any of the color buffers, regardless of the drawing operation attempted.
Changes to individual bits of components cannot be controlled. Rather, changes are either enabled or disabled for entire color components.