Jump to navigation Jump to search
The EXP math function calculates the exponential function (e raised to the power of a numericExpression).
- result = EXP(numericExpression)
- e is defined as the base of natural logarithms or as the limit of (1 + 1 / n) ^ n, as n goes to infinity.
- The numericExpression must be less than or equal to 88.02969 or an "overflow" error will occur.
- Value returned is e to the exponent parameter (e = 2.718282 approximately).
- Values returned are SINGLE by default but will return DOUBLE precision if the result is a variable of type DOUBLE.
- Positive exponent values indicate the number of times to multiply e by itself.
- Negative exponent values indicate the number of times to divide by e. Example: e-3 = 1 / e3 = 1 / (e * e * e)